Since 1998, the RRCA Coaching Certification Program has provided a baseline of education for individuals seeking to become an RRCA Certified Coach. The goal of the program is to create a national community of knowledgeable and ethical distance running coaches to work with runners at all ages and abilities.
RRCA Certified Coaches:
- Volunteer with their local running clubs, coach clients one-on-one, and coach training programs for groups of runners working towards a common goal such, as completing a 5k, half marathon, or marathon.
- Work with runners and emphasize the use of intelligent training plans that are based on a scientific body of knowledge and designed to help a runner achieve their goals, while minimizing the risks of injuries.
The RRCA Coaching Certification Level I Course is an in-person course designed to accomplish our goal of educating coaches so they may direct training programs for their RRCA member running clubs.
The course meets the criteria for 16.0 credit hours of American College of Sports Medicine Continuing Education Credit, or 1.4 CEU of American Council on Exercise Continuing Education Credit.
Registration for the course, which will be held in Orange Park (near Jacksonville), can be completed through RunSignUp.com.
More information about RRCA Coaching Certification can be found on the RRCA website, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
RRCA State Rep?
- Outside: The Race A Book Made Famous
- Trisutto.com: You Start. You Finish
- MapMyRun.com: Just Don't Cheat
- MapMyRun.com: Bum Glutes?
- Athlinks.com: Got Gear?
- Active.com: Dynamic Stretches
- Active.com: To Be, Not Seem To Be
- IAAF: Women's-Only WR
- MapMyRun: No, Not That Happy
- CTS: Make Certain It's Not Summer!
- Outside: Hitchhiker's Guide to Race Day
- Outside Online: More Than Me
- Carmichael Training Systems: Life to Years
- Training Peaks: More Than "Run, Run, and Run..."
- Outside Online: It's Not "Orthopedic, Marriage Cou...
- Carmichael Training Systems: Taking Science In
- Outside Online: (Adult) Relationship Advice
- Outside Online: Pain and Getting Chicked
- RRCA Level I Coaching Course, November 4-5
- Citius Mag: Extreme Beer Mileage
- Outside Online: Two Stretches to the Dark Side
- Outside Online: Be Good to the Runner in Your Life...
- Active.com: Nothing to Fear But...
- Active.com: Rule #1: Qualify
- Ironguides: The Rep Loves 'Em, You Can Too
- MapMyRun Blog: Ultimately, Only You Know
- Outside Online: Apparently Everybody Loves Ed Shee...
- Washington Post via Outside Online: Shoes? Check. ...
- Outside Online: My Past Propels Me
- ▼ April (29)