5 Must-Do Glute Exercises for Runners and Cyclists
Shane Barnard/MapMyRun.com/January 15, 2016
Glutes (aka butt, bottom, backside, booty or tush) hold a lot of power, and strengthening them can help you become a better runner, cyclist, walker, jogger, skater, swimmer, dancer, squatter…you get the idea, right? Strong glutes are a win-win for your body because they help take pressure off of your knees and back. When your glutes don’t work properly, other muscles have to compensate to do the work. This can result in discomfort and injuries...
(Link to Article)
RRCA State Rep?
- Outside: The Race A Book Made Famous
- Trisutto.com: You Start. You Finish
- MapMyRun.com: Just Don't Cheat
- MapMyRun.com: Bum Glutes?
- Athlinks.com: Got Gear?
- Active.com: Dynamic Stretches
- Active.com: To Be, Not Seem To Be
- IAAF: Women's-Only WR
- MapMyRun: No, Not That Happy
- CTS: Make Certain It's Not Summer!
- Outside: Hitchhiker's Guide to Race Day
- Outside Online: More Than Me
- Carmichael Training Systems: Life to Years
- Training Peaks: More Than "Run, Run, and Run..."
- Outside Online: It's Not "Orthopedic, Marriage Cou...
- Carmichael Training Systems: Taking Science In
- Outside Online: (Adult) Relationship Advice
- Outside Online: Pain and Getting Chicked
- RRCA Level I Coaching Course, November 4-5
- Citius Mag: Extreme Beer Mileage
- Outside Online: Two Stretches to the Dark Side
- Outside Online: Be Good to the Runner in Your Life...
- Active.com: Nothing to Fear But...
- Active.com: Rule #1: Qualify
- Ironguides: The Rep Loves 'Em, You Can Too
- MapMyRun Blog: Ultimately, Only You Know
- Outside Online: Apparently Everybody Loves Ed Shee...
- Washington Post via Outside Online: Shoes? Check. ...
- Outside Online: My Past Propels Me
- ▼ April (29)