Why I Run in Prison
Rahsaan Thomas is incarcerated at San Quentin State Prison, where he found running while serving a life sentence
By: Rahsaan Thomas Apr 2, 2017//Outside Online
I run inside San Quentin State Prison, around a quarter-mile track surrounded by gigantic walls and barbed-wire fences. The track is half dirt and half concrete. It circles the “Field of Dreams,” a baseball diamond with a tennis court, basketball court, and pull-up bars nearby.
My past propels me to chase acceptance and freedom.
(Link to article)
RRCA State Rep?
- Outside: The Race A Book Made Famous
- Trisutto.com: You Start. You Finish
- MapMyRun.com: Just Don't Cheat
- MapMyRun.com: Bum Glutes?
- Athlinks.com: Got Gear?
- Active.com: Dynamic Stretches
- Active.com: To Be, Not Seem To Be
- IAAF: Women's-Only WR
- MapMyRun: No, Not That Happy
- CTS: Make Certain It's Not Summer!
- Outside: Hitchhiker's Guide to Race Day
- Outside Online: More Than Me
- Carmichael Training Systems: Life to Years
- Training Peaks: More Than "Run, Run, and Run..."
- Outside Online: It's Not "Orthopedic, Marriage Cou...
- Carmichael Training Systems: Taking Science In
- Outside Online: (Adult) Relationship Advice
- Outside Online: Pain and Getting Chicked
- RRCA Level I Coaching Course, November 4-5
- Citius Mag: Extreme Beer Mileage
- Outside Online: Two Stretches to the Dark Side
- Outside Online: Be Good to the Runner in Your Life...
- Active.com: Nothing to Fear But...
- Active.com: Rule #1: Qualify
- Ironguides: The Rep Loves 'Em, You Can Too
- MapMyRun Blog: Ultimately, Only You Know
- Outside Online: Apparently Everybody Loves Ed Shee...
- Washington Post via Outside Online: Shoes? Check. ...
- Outside Online: My Past Propels Me
- ▼ April (29)