Tough Love: Help! I'm Anxious About Going Running with My Date.
Outside's love guide is here—and answering your most pressing questions about dating, breakups, and everything in between. Today, we discuss being unable to hang on a running date and when it's okay to snot-rocket in front of your beloved.
Blair Braverman//Outside Online, Apr 14, 2017
Welcome to Tough Love. Every other week, we’re answering your questions about dating, breakups, and everything in between. Our advice giver is Blair Braverman, dogsled racer and author of Welcome to the G0dd@mn Ice Cube. Have a question of your own? Write to us at email@example.com.
Q: There’s this girl I just started seeing. We’ve gone for drinks a few times, and I think she’s great, but she wants to do something a little more exciting for our next date. Her suggestion: a 12-mile run on our local trail network. I run casually (well, I guess I should identify as more of a jogger), and I’ve hiked the route she mentioned, but I can’t imagine running it—least of all with someone I genuinely want to impress. About half a mile into any run, I’m soaked, huffing and puffing, red in the face. I’m not sure date number four is the time I want to reveal that side of myself. But I’m afraid if I ask her to go for a low-key hike instead, she’ll think I’m wimping out. What’s the move?
(Link to Article)
RRCA State Rep?
- Outside: The Race A Book Made Famous
- Trisutto.com: You Start. You Finish
- MapMyRun.com: Just Don't Cheat
- MapMyRun.com: Bum Glutes?
- Athlinks.com: Got Gear?
- Active.com: Dynamic Stretches
- Active.com: To Be, Not Seem To Be
- IAAF: Women's-Only WR
- MapMyRun: No, Not That Happy
- CTS: Make Certain It's Not Summer!
- Outside: Hitchhiker's Guide to Race Day
- Outside Online: More Than Me
- Carmichael Training Systems: Life to Years
- Training Peaks: More Than "Run, Run, and Run..."
- Outside Online: It's Not "Orthopedic, Marriage Cou...
- Carmichael Training Systems: Taking Science In
- Outside Online: (Adult) Relationship Advice
- Outside Online: Pain and Getting Chicked
- RRCA Level I Coaching Course, November 4-5
- Citius Mag: Extreme Beer Mileage
- Outside Online: Two Stretches to the Dark Side
- Outside Online: Be Good to the Runner in Your Life...
- Active.com: Nothing to Fear But...
- Active.com: Rule #1: Qualify
- Ironguides: The Rep Loves 'Em, You Can Too
- MapMyRun Blog: Ultimately, Only You Know
- Outside Online: Apparently Everybody Loves Ed Shee...
- Washington Post via Outside Online: Shoes? Check. ...
- Outside Online: My Past Propels Me
- ▼ April (29)