The Major Half-Marathon Cheat Sheet
Abbie Mood/MapMyRun.com/April 11, 2017
In 2015, almost two million runners completed a half-marathon — that’s more than marathon and 10K finishers combined. This magic distance continues to grow in popularity, and Matt Fitzgerald, running coach and author of “The Endurance Diet” explains that “the half-marathon is long enough to present runners with a serious challenge and a great sense of accomplishment when they conquer it. But at the same time, it requires less training than a full marathon does, and the post-race recovery is much quicker.”
We know that sometimes the hardest part of racing isn’t necessarily the training, but figuring out which race to run, so we’ve taken the liberty of rounding up 10 of the best half-marathons to inspire your next training session...
(Link to Article)
RRCA State Rep?
- Outside: The Race A Book Made Famous
- Trisutto.com: You Start. You Finish
- MapMyRun.com: Just Don't Cheat
- MapMyRun.com: Bum Glutes?
- Athlinks.com: Got Gear?
- Active.com: Dynamic Stretches
- Active.com: To Be, Not Seem To Be
- IAAF: Women's-Only WR
- MapMyRun: No, Not That Happy
- CTS: Make Certain It's Not Summer!
- Outside: Hitchhiker's Guide to Race Day
- Outside Online: More Than Me
- Carmichael Training Systems: Life to Years
- Training Peaks: More Than "Run, Run, and Run..."
- Outside Online: It's Not "Orthopedic, Marriage Cou...
- Carmichael Training Systems: Taking Science In
- Outside Online: (Adult) Relationship Advice
- Outside Online: Pain and Getting Chicked
- RRCA Level I Coaching Course, November 4-5
- Citius Mag: Extreme Beer Mileage
- Outside Online: Two Stretches to the Dark Side
- Outside Online: Be Good to the Runner in Your Life...
- Active.com: Nothing to Fear But...
- Active.com: Rule #1: Qualify
- Ironguides: The Rep Loves 'Em, You Can Too
- MapMyRun Blog: Ultimately, Only You Know
- Outside Online: Apparently Everybody Loves Ed Shee...
- Washington Post via Outside Online: Shoes? Check. ...
- Outside Online: My Past Propels Me
- ▼ April (29)