A handful of women ignored Iranian orders by running Tehran marathon outdoors alongside men
Marissa Payne//Washington Post April 7
Backed by the Dutch organizer of what was billed as Iran’s first international marathon in Tehran, a group of women ran alongside men outdoors on Friday, ignoring orders given by an Iranian government official earlier in the week requiring female runners to complete their course apart from men and off the streets in a nearby stadium.
(Link to article)
RRCA State Rep?
- Outside: The Race A Book Made Famous
- Trisutto.com: You Start. You Finish
- MapMyRun.com: Just Don't Cheat
- MapMyRun.com: Bum Glutes?
- Athlinks.com: Got Gear?
- Active.com: Dynamic Stretches
- Active.com: To Be, Not Seem To Be
- IAAF: Women's-Only WR
- MapMyRun: No, Not That Happy
- CTS: Make Certain It's Not Summer!
- Outside: Hitchhiker's Guide to Race Day
- Outside Online: More Than Me
- Carmichael Training Systems: Life to Years
- Training Peaks: More Than "Run, Run, and Run..."
- Outside Online: It's Not "Orthopedic, Marriage Cou...
- Carmichael Training Systems: Taking Science In
- Outside Online: (Adult) Relationship Advice
- Outside Online: Pain and Getting Chicked
- RRCA Level I Coaching Course, November 4-5
- Citius Mag: Extreme Beer Mileage
- Outside Online: Two Stretches to the Dark Side
- Outside Online: Be Good to the Runner in Your Life...
- Active.com: Nothing to Fear But...
- Active.com: Rule #1: Qualify
- Ironguides: The Rep Loves 'Em, You Can Too
- MapMyRun Blog: Ultimately, Only You Know
- Outside Online: Apparently Everybody Loves Ed Shee...
- Washington Post via Outside Online: Shoes? Check. ...
- Outside Online: My Past Propels Me
- ▼ April (29)