When Athletes Dope, Not All Sports Are Created Equal
Why it's more upsetting when endurance athletes fail drug tests than when NFL or MLB players do.Martin Fritz Huber/Outside Online, Apr 21, 2017
Last January, in the wake of a retroactive doping violation, Usain Bolt was stripped of one of the three gold medals he won at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Bolt himself wasn’t accused of any wrongdoing—it was Nesta Carter, his teammate in the 4x100-meter relay, whose reanalyzed blood samples from the games showed traces of the banned stimulant methylhexaneamine. As a consequence, the Jamaican relay team was disqualified—more than eight years after blowing away the competition in the Bird’s Nest stadium...
(Link to Article)
RRCA State Rep?
- Outside: Life Lessons
- Outside: Democratizing Sport
- CTS: Seven Steps Less Than AA
- Outside: Being Injured...
- From Our Sponsor: Level II Coaching Certification
- Outside: How to Comeback
- Active.com Thank You, Thing...
- Active.com: Juan Valdez, Patron Saint?
- CTS: Heart Rate? Good. Now Ignore It.
- Slowtwitch: Skechers? Really?
- Setting the Stage
- Outside: And I Get Grouchy
- Outside: When Athletes Dope
- MapMyRun: Not Just Color
- CTS: Ultra Elites and You
- Training Peaks: Functional Training
- ▼ May (16)