Are You Just Getting Soft? Mental Toughness and Performance Decline in Athletes Over 40
Chris Carmichael/CTS, June 10, 2017
I spoke at two book signings this week and during both Q&A sessions I was asked about the impact of age on declining endurance performance. It’s one of the most common questions I get, and I’ve written about it previously. I’ve also been reading about mental toughness and the connection between hard training and pain tolerance. Somewhere in this milieu of information I suddenly remembered Muhammad Ali’s quote: “A man who views the world at 50 the same way he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” That’s when it clicked.
Now, before I can get to what clicked I have to give some background on what we’re talking about...
(Link to Article)
RRCA State Rep?
- What's Good For A Hundred Might Not Hurt For Less
- CTS: In Time Out 'til Race Day
- CTS: Only Four Things. Cool,
- MapMyRun: ...Or Just A Wuss
- CTS: So It's Mind And Matter After 40
- CTS: I'm Only (Not) Sleeping
- MapMyRun: Where To Be Seen Running
- Outside: Smartphone A Waste For Elite-Beater
- Outside: Go (Be) Pre
- ▼ June (9)