Why Can't I Sleep After A Hard Workout or Race?
Chris Carmichael/CTS, June 8 2017
Here’s a scenario a ton of athletes experience, but few talk about: The night after finishing a big endurance competition or a long and strenuous workout, you lie awake in bed or toss and turn despite being thoroughly exhausted. Your sleeplessness may be compounded by feeling like you are radiating heat or you can feel/hear your heartbeat. And even if you are able to get to sleep initially, you struggle to stay asleep and fail to have a restful night. What gives? How can an exhausting event leave you sleepless?
There isn’t one simple cause for post-exercise insomnia, but there are definitely factors that contribute to it...
(Link to Article)
RRCA State Rep?
- What's Good For A Hundred Might Not Hurt For Less
- CTS: In Time Out 'til Race Day
- CTS: Only Four Things. Cool,
- MapMyRun: ...Or Just A Wuss
- CTS: So It's Mind And Matter After 40
- CTS: I'm Only (Not) Sleeping
- MapMyRun: Where To Be Seen Running
- Outside: Smartphone A Waste For Elite-Beater
- Outside: Go (Be) Pre
- ▼ June (9)