Tapering for Ultrarunning - How to Prevent Taper Tantrums!
By Jason Koop, CTS Coaching Director, Author of “Training Essentials for Ultrarunning”
For many athletes, tapering before a major goal event is a double-edged sword. On the one hand they are happy about the lightened training load, but on the other they are sometimes anxious or distressed by the reduction in training volume. Athletes have two primary fears during the taper process: detraining and missing out on time they could be using for additional training. These fears sometimes lead to a phenomenon we humorously refer to as “Taper Tantrums”. To avoid taper tantrums and get to the start line of your event in the best possible condition, he are some things you need to know about tapering...
(Link to Article)
RRCA State Rep?
- What's Good For A Hundred Might Not Hurt For Less
- CTS: In Time Out 'til Race Day
- CTS: Only Four Things. Cool,
- MapMyRun: ...Or Just A Wuss
- CTS: So It's Mind And Matter After 40
- CTS: I'm Only (Not) Sleeping
- MapMyRun: Where To Be Seen Running
- Outside: Smartphone A Waste For Elite-Beater
- Outside: Go (Be) Pre
- ▼ June (9)